Broadleaf Hardwax Oil is a quick drying, hard wearing, natural looking wood finish ideal for wood flooring, especially oak. Water repellent, stain resistant and easy to refurbish it enhances and protects the timber and needs minimal maintenance to keep it looking good. Best of all, Broadleaf Hardwax Oil is easy to apply and gives great results. Follow the instructions below to apply Broadleaf Hardwax Oil to your wood floor:
- Make sure that the wood flooring is free from any other finish and that any knots or holes are filled with a suitable filler.
- Sand the surface of the wood flooring to a 120 grit finish and allow any resulting dust in the air to settle.
- Vacuum the wood flooring to remove all traces of dust from the surface.
- Make sure that room is well ventilated and at least 10°C.
- Stir the Hardwax Oil thoroughly making sure you get all the way to the bottom of the tin.
- Using a brush or foam roller apply the hard wax oil evenly along the grain of the wood - always test a small area and make sure that you are happy with the result before full application.
- Make sure that any drips or pools are brushed out as you go.
- Allow the first coat to dry for 4-6 hours before applying the second coat in the same way.
Do not apply the second coat until the first is fully dry (if you are not sure use a small piece of sandpaper and sand a tiny area - if you raise dust then it is dry enough for the second coat)
- After the application of the second coat allow 24 hours curing time before furniture is place on the floor or it is subjected to normal traffic or buffed.
That's it - for top tips on how to look after your hard wax oil finish, see our posts on how to maintain your wood flooring.